With Oracle Database 9i and 10g now both out of support, you should be thinking about an Oracle Database Upgrade to Oracle 11g or 12c?
With each release there is is always improvements and new features.
Here are some key features of Oracle Database 9i, 10g and 11g;
– Providing High avaliability
– improved clusterware
– Introduction of VIP’s for RAC
|Further RAC Improvements
– Faster failover of services
– Grid Plug&Play allowing seamless additions/removal of nodes
– Detection of gasps and automatic resolution
– Realtime apply and log compressions
– Fast start failover added
|Active DataGuard added
– Standby Database can now be queried whilst redo apply is active
|Backup and Recovery
– Block level recovery
– Improved reporting and automation
|Data Pump added
– Extract and import data faster than ever
– ASM Cluster FileSystem (ACFS) Introduced
– Virtual Columns added
dsp have extensive experience across all Oracle database versions, Oracle Database upgrades and Oracle Database consultancy.
There are a host of new features that are now available with Oracle database 12c, including multitenant architecture which enables you to run pluggable databases in a multitenant container database. There are also many improvements in areas such as Big Data, Data security and Storage optimisation, which are key areas which will help drive future business growth.
More information on Oracle12c can be downloaded here.
For more information or to schedule a demo please contact usContact us
DSP firmly established itself as one of the UK’s fastest growing proactive Database MSPs during 2016, signing £2.1m of new contracts and making its second acquisition, the Oracle DBA support division of IT Services provider ITSB.Read more
A main goal... how to future proof your applications environment through Oracle while becoming more efficient in terms of costs and productivity.
As well as the option of developing the fundamental steps you need to take to get ...Read more